Looking for a Handwork Seasonal Salesperson
Job Description: Retail Sales Clerk
This is a part-time, temporary position designed to assist Handwork artisans during the busy holiday sales season. Candidates must be personable, outgoing, and experienced in interacting in a helpful, supportive way with the public. Computer skills required for our point-of-sale system. Interest in and knowledge of art and craftwork is desirable.
* Greet customers at the door; help them adhere to current pandemic mask requirements in the store.
* Assist customers in finding and purchasing items in the store.
* Ring customers out at the point-of-sale computer, located at the counter.
* Safely package items for customers, including gift-wrapping if desired
* Stock shelves; stock gift boxes and other necessary items
* Answer the phone
* Assist members in opening and closing the store and in routine cleaning chores
Requirements and Compensation
* Part-time temporary position of 20 hours/week.
* Compensation is $15.40 per hour
* Must be available to work flexible hours and days. Hours range from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., depending on the shift and day of week.
* Must be able to climb steep stairs frequently during a shift; some lifting required.
* Three work references required.
This person reports directly to the Operations and Finance Manager and the Marketing and Publicity Coordinator.