We are looking for a team leader with experience in retail business to manage a group of artisans collaborating in a unique, well-established retail collective in the heart of downtown Ithaca. Since 1976, Handwork has been a mainstay of the Ithaca shopping experience for those seeking high quality crafts including pottery, woodworking, jewelry, fiber, leather, dried florals, paper goods, fine art, sculpture, and photography.
Our ideal candidate has strong organizational and management skills, understands budgeting and finance, and has a genuine appreciation for beautiful handcrafted work.
* Collaborate with all team members. Member artisans make up the executive committee, the main sales staff, and the online sales team. Additional paid staff includes the marketing and promotions manager and part-time sales associate.
* Implement the annual business plan
* Prepare and monitor annual budget for executive committee approval
* Manage computer operations for running both bricks-and-mortar store and online sales
* Train and supervise member workers and hired staff
* Oversee visual merchandising of the store
Minimum of 3 years experience managing a retail store; demonstrated financial acumen and experience managing a budget; mastery of Microsoft Word Excel and QuickBooks. Knowledge of Artisan (point-of-sale system) a plus; knowledge of a variety of artistic/craft processes desirable.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits including paid time off, health insurance (Handwork pays 50% of the premium), and flexible hours. Be part of a flourishing community of artisans, working in a creative environment in which you will be surrounded by beautifully handcrafted wares.
For more details about this position, or to submit your resume, contact Lauren at Handwork at firstname.lastname@example.org