Membership Applications are Closed for the year, and will reopen in January 2022.
- We’ll get your work to reach a broader audience. More exposure means more potential sales. As a HANDWORK member, you will have your own space to display your work year round. Our membership rate is 75% Member and 25% Handwork (includes work in-store requirements).
- Our engaging social media marketing, online shop, email campaigns, and advertising all serve to support the success of our artisans. We aim to share the stories of our makers and help folks find the work they love.
- You will be part of our creative community, a great place to get to know professionals in your field and share your passion for art. Every Handwork member has been juried to ensure a collection of exceptional quality.
- We focus on supporting you, so you can focus on your art! We have a fantastic team of operations & finance, and marketing managers who ensure our store is running smoothly. From customer service to merchandising and promoting, our experienced employees are dedicated to your success.
If you are interested in applying for membership at Handwork, please read the following steps:
2. Make an appointment to bring in your application and samples.
3. Call or e-mail Handwork's manager to schedule jurying time for your work. Work is juried the fourth Monday of each month, January through September.
Please do not drop off work without first scheduling a time with the Membership Coordinator, Mary Beth Withey at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you do drop off your work, please include your filled out application form.
We will also need:
- Three references (preferably business).
- Description of all materials, techniques and range of work
Work samples for review need to be at the store by the 1st of the month. Please include a minimum of six pieces, and more if needed to fully represent the work that you would like to sell. Furniture makers might only bring in 2 -3 pieces and a portfolio, but jewelers should probably bring in 2 - 3 dozen pieces.
Handwork will handle all items carefully but cannot accept responsibility for any work left for jurying. If your work is extremely fragile or valuable please talk to the manager about other arrangements. Samples should be labelled with retail (selling) price.
If you have questions about this process, please e-mail Mary Beth Withey at email@example.com
We can't wait to see your work!